Ever heard of Yes snowboards?
They’re a small company with a rapidly growing fanbase. I bet you’re even considering buying one yourself. But is Yes a good snowboard brand?
The answer is yes – pun intended – Yes Snowboards are an excellent snowboard brand. They make high-quality snowboards with innovative designs, unique graphics, and excellent performance. They are also committed to sustainable building practices.
But should you choose a Yes snowboard for your next deck? Let’s take a look…
Who Are Yes Snowboards?
Yes. Snowboards were founded in 2009 by a group of pro snowboarders, including Romain de Marchi, JP Solberg, and DCP.
The brand is based in Switzerland and produces a range of high-quality snowboards that are known for their innovative designs and sustainable practices.
Yes Snowboards have become super popular among both professional and casual snowboarders.
They continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible in snowboarding both through their commitment to sustainability and their technological advancements.
Yes Snowboard Tech
Yes have always pushed the envelope with new snowboard tech. There’s too much for me to tell you it all, but here are a few key features:
- “MidBite” Technology: creates a narrower waist and wider sections under the bindings. This enhances stability.
- “Underbite” Technology: creates a narrower waist width over the binding areas. This enhances edge hold and makes turn initiation easier.
- “Pop Core” Technology: This is a type of wood core designed to provide a lively and responsive ride.
- “Powder Hull” Technology: improves powder performance by creating a convex shape that provides lift.
Pros And Cons Of Yes Snowboards
- Innovation: Yes Snowboards have a reputation for unique new designs and technology.
- High-quality construction: premium materials and an excellent manufacturing team.
- Wide range of options: Name your skill level, riding style and board preferences. They'll have a board for you.
- Eco-friendly: committed to sustainability and reducing their environmental impact.
- The Yes Greats is incredible!
- Limited availability: Yes Snowboards aren't available in most snowboard shops.
- Brand recognition: Whilst they have a loyal following, Yes aren't as well-known as some of the more established snowboard brands (if this kind of thing bothers you).
What Is The Best Yes Snowboard?
I normally answer this question with caution. But with Yes Snowboards there is a very clear winner…
This board is an absolute machine. One of my all-time personal favorites. It has some insane tech and the graphics are always super unique.
The Yes Greats Uninc is designed to be ridden across the entire mountain, from the park to backcountry.
It’s a true twin shape with a medium flex. It also has their innovative asymmetrical technology. This compensates for your natural failings, allowing your heel-side turns to keep up with your toe-side.
These features makes it’s great for hitting jumps, riding switch, and carving hard.
It’s also got a rocker-camber-rocker profile. This gives it some serious float in powder and makes it easy to turn in all conditions.
One thing I love about this board is how responsive it is. It’s super quick edge-to-edge. You can carve this thing like crazy!
It’s also stable at high speeds, ready to charge the whole mountain. It might not the poppiest board of all time, but the pop is super “accessible” and requires minimal pre-load.
I’ve owned a Yes Greats for the best part of a decade!
Where To Buy Yes Snowboards
Is Yes A Good Snowboard Brand For Beginners?
Final Thoughts On Yes Snowboards
Yes Snowboards are a hidden gem.
If you get the chance to try one, take it!
Okay, they’re not the biggest or most famous snowboard brand. But they certainly make some incredible boards.
But what do you think? Is Yes a good snowboard brand?
Let me know below!
If you’re debating between different brands, take a look at the all-time best brands in snowboarding.