So here’s the new damage to the Kink: a 3″ crack up near the nose, and a delamination on the base near the edge. The board is still rideable, and to be honest it’s going to have to be if I plan on boarding at Castleford this week or next. I haven’t decided what new board to get yet – so it’s either use the Kink or take a hire-board, which I don’t really want to do…
Which new stick?
So what’s on my list for a new board when there are so many to choose from? Here’s my criteria:
- It’s got to be a freestyle board: but I’m not sure whether I want a really jibby, buttery rail/box board or something a little stiffer, more ‘park and pipe’
- I’d quite like it to be twin tip, or at least twin flex (I think you can have twin flex without twin tip?). If it has a directional shape, it’s got to be slight
- The length has to be somewhere between 150 and 155cm (per the sizing recommendations)
- Graphics – not the most important thing by a long way, but I don’t want something that looks really crap!
So, here are some current options:
- Rome Agent
- Bataleon Evil Twin
- Capita Travis Parker Texas
- Sapient Evolution
- Rome Artifact
Any other suggestions?